Please click here for information on currently open funding opportunities.
The Office of Science issues two types of funding announcements:
- Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs), which may be open to one or more institution types (please read the eligibility requirements in a given FOA for details); and
- DOE National Laboratory Announcements, which are open only to DOE Laboratories.
FOAs and DOE National Laboratory Announcements may be issued either as companion announcements—where one of each announcement type is issued in the same topical area—or as stand-alone opportunities. All proposals submitted in response to FOAs and DOE National Laboratory Announcements undergo merit review.
Each funding announcement issued by the Office of Science provides:
- a technical description of the type of work to be funded;
- information about the type, size, number, and duration of awards expected;
- eligibility criteria;
- instructions for submission of letters of intent (if required), preapplications or preproposals (if required), and applications or proposals; due dates and times;
- review and selection information, including merit review criteria;
- award administration information; and
- agency points of contact.
The Office of Science also issues a cross-cutting, open solicitation annually that is open year-round.