- CCI participants spend 10 weeks at a DOE Laboratory engaged in a technical project under the guidance of a laboratory scientist or engineer. In the Fall and Spring Terms, there is an option for a “flex-schedule” where the equivalent of 400 hours spent onsite at a host lab can be spread over a 16 week duration term. This option is available at the discretion of host labs. Under a flex-schedule, weekly stipends are based on a 40 hours/week payment, prorated accordingly, with any housing allowance being based upon a 10-week duration appointment.
- Host laboratories provide enrichment activities, including career professional development workshops (e.g. technical and scientific writing skills development, poster, or oral presentation activities, etc.), laboratory tours, scientific or technical lectures and seminars.
- Host laboratories provide all required site specific training.
- Selected students receive a stipend of $500 per week during the internship period.
- Selected students are reimbursed for one round trip domestic travel to the host laboratory (if permanent address is more than 50 miles from the host laboratory). Transportation expenses will be reimbursed on the basis of the most direct route. Travel by a private automobile will be reimbursed at the current government rate up to a maximum of $500.00 or the cost of the lowest commercial airfare, whichever is lower. Travel by air will be reimbursed at the cost of the lowest commercial airfare.
- Housing information will be provided to interns prior to arrival at the host laboratory. In general, housing opportunities will vary from laboratory to laboratory. An allowance is available for participants placed at host laboratories that are unable to offer direct housing arrangements.
Last modified: 3/17/2016 9:04:06 AM