Eligibility for the CCI program requires that all applicants:
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student at a community college or accredited two-year college and completed at least one semester at the time of applying.
- Must have completed at least 6 credit hours in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology course areas, and completed at least 12 credits hours towards a degree.
- Must have an undergraduate cumulative minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all completed courses as a matriculating student.
- Must be 18 years or older at the time the internship begins.
- Must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien at the time of applying.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status will be requested at the time an internship offer is accepted. Acceptable form of proof of U.S. Citizenship includes, but is not limited to, a Certified Birth Certificate, an U.S. State Government Issued Enhanced Drivers License, U.S. Passport, U.S. Passport Card, Naturalization Certificate, Certificate of Citizenship, Consular Report of Birth (of U.S. citizen) Abroad, or Certification of Birth. Permanent Resident Aliens must hold an active United States Permanent Resident Card.
- Must have earned a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent at the time of applying.
Proof of an earned High School diploma or for passing all five GED tests required to achieve a Certificate of General Educational Development should be provided on the applicant’s undergraduate transcripts.
Additional Eligibility requirements:
- Applicants are limited to participation in CCI program to no more than two internships.
- Applicants can apply to the CCI program a maximum of three times.
Last modified: 3/18/2013 10:45:01 AM