Eligibility for the CCI program requires that all applicants:
Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student at a community college or accredited two-year college and completed at least one semester at the time of applying. A full-time student is defined as a student who is enrolled for the number of hours or courses the school considers to be full-time attendance (as defined by the Internal Revenue Service).
- Must have completed at least 6 credit hours in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology course areas, and completed at least 12 credits hours towards a degree.
- Must have an undergraduate cumulative minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all completed courses as a matriculating student.
- Must be 18 years or older at the time the internship begins.
- Must be a United States Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident at the time of applying.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) status will be requested at the time an internship offer is accepted. Acceptable form of proof of U.S. Citizenship includes, but is not limited to, a Certified Birth Certificate, an U.S. State Government Issued Enhanced Driver’s License, U.S. Passport, U.S. Passport Card, Naturalization Certificate, Certificate of Citizenship, Consular Report of Birth (of U.S. citizen) Abroad, or Certification of Birth. Lawful Permanent Residents must have a current United States Permanent Resident Card (USCIS Form I-551).
- Must have earned a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent at the time of applying.
Proof of an earned High School diploma or for passing all five GED tests required to achieve a Certificate of General Educational Development should be provided on the applicant’s undergraduate transcripts.
Additional Eligibility requirements:
- Applicants are limited to participation in CCI program to no more than two internships.
- Applicants can apply to the CCI program a maximum of three times.
Last modified: 10/7/2016 5:27:34 PM