The CCI program is intended to support the intellectual and professional development of students who have the desire to be involved in an intensive technical training experience. Selected students have the following program obligations:
- Must have proof of coverage under a health insurance plan for the duration of their internship. It is the responsibility of each participant to secure insurance coverage before arriving at the appointment site.
- Must complete the full 10-week program. Students should expect to spend approximately 40 hours a week working on their projects or participating in the provided training and professional development activities.
- Must complete the entrance and exit surveys through the online system provided at the beginning of the internship. Host laboratories may choose to withhold initial or final stipend payments until the surveys have been submitted.
- Must behave in a responsible and professional manner.
- In advance of completion of their appointment, CCI participants must make a poster presentation on the outcome of their CCI related project activities, and complete and submit a 6 – 8 page project report. Report requirements and submission instructions will be provided at the beginning of the internship period.
- To help maintain accountability and accuracy of its federally-mandated assessment and reporting functions, WDTS requires funded work to appropriately acknowledge its support in the presentations and publications resulting from its funding. When acknowledging WDTS support, please use the following statement - “This work was supported in part by the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists (WDTS) under the Community College Internships Program (CCI).”
Community College Internships (CCI) Program Deliverables Requirements and Guidelines (266KB)