- Einstein Fellows spend 11 months in a Federal agency or U.S. Congressional office engaged in education policy and/or program related activities, bringing their experience as an educator to the offices in which they serve.
- The AEF Program provides a program orientation in September and professional development sessions for Fellows throughout the year, including opportunities for Fellows to interact with various organizations, associations and experts who focus on STEM education issues and are located in the Washington Metropolitan area, as well AEF Program Alumni.
- Fellows develop Professional Development Plansto guide individual professional development objectives outside their host office responsibilities with ongoing mentoring provided by the AEF Program.
- Host offices provide a designated office space and agency/office specific orientation and training.
- Einstein Fellows receive a monthly living stipend of $7,000.
- Einstein Fellows have a travel allowance of up to $5,000 for approved travel related to their host agency assignments and approved professional development opportunities. Limitations on foreign travel will vary by agency.
- Einstein Fellows also are reimbursed for moving/relocations expenses up to $3,200 for Fellows relocating from outside of the Washington, DC area.
- Einstein Fellows are eligible to receive a stipend of up to $500 per month to offset the cost of health insurance.
Last modified: 7/23/2015 9:36:48 AM