Each AEF Program Fellow:
- Spends eleven months in a Federal agency or U.S. Congressional office engaged in education policy and/or program related activities, bringing their experience as an educator to the offices in which they serve.
- Receives professional development opportunities throughout the year, including opportunities for Fellows to interact with various organizations, associations and experts who focus on STEM education.
- Receives a monthly living stipend of $7,500.
- Has a travel allowance of up to $5,000 for approved travel related to their host agency assignments and approved professional development opportunities. Limitations on foreign travel will vary by agency.
- Has an education allowance of up to $1,000 for approved educational expenses aligned with the Fellow's individual professional development plan.
- Is reimbursed for moving/relocations expenses up to $3,500 for Fellows relocating from outside of the Washington, DC area.
- Is eligible to receive a stipend of up to $550 per month (individual plan) or $1,300 per month (family plan) to offset the cost of health insurance.
- Develops professional development plans to guide individual professional development objectives outside their host office responsibilities with ongoing mentoring provided by the AEF Program.
- Receives designated office space and agency/office-specific orientation and training.
Last modified: 8/17/2016 11:59:05 AM