Eligibility for the Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship Program requires that all applicants:
- Be a U.S. citizen at the time of applying (by the November 17, 2016 application deadline).
- Have a minimum of five complete years of full-time classroom teaching experience prior to submitting the application. Student teaching does not count toward this minimum full-time teaching requirement.
- Have been teaching full-time in a public or private elementary or secondary school for at least five of the last seven years in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) discipline. Current employment may be as an educator or district official.
- Be currently employed full-time in a public or private elementary or secondary school or school district in the U.S.
- Be able to provide a letter of recommendation from a school district official as one of their three required letters of recommendation.
- Be able to obtain a leave of absence from teaching in order to participate in the program for the full eleven months.
- Current and former AEF Program Fellows are not eligible to apply for a second fellowship.
- Eligible individuals may apply a maximum of three times within a six year period.
Last modified: 8/17/2016 11:59:05 AM