Eligibility for the Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship requires that all applicants:
- Be a U.S. citizen at the time of applying (December 4, 2013);
- Have a minimum of five years full-time classroom teaching experience prior to completing the application;
- Have been teaching full-time in a public or private elementary or secondary school for at least five of the last seven years in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) discipline;
- Be currently employed full-time in a public or private elementary or secondary school or school district in the U.S.;
- Be able to provide a letter of recommendation from a school district official as one of their three required letters of recommendation; and
- Be able to obtain approval for leave of absence from teaching in order to participate in the program for the full 11 months.
- Current and former Einstein Fellows are not eligible to apply for a second fellowship.
- Eligible individuals may apply a maximum of 3 times within a 6 year period.
Last modified: 11/14/2013 10:01:01 AM