- Application is now open for 2017-2018. Applications are due November 17, 2016 at 8:00PM Eastern Time.
- Access to the online application system is available here.
- All applications to the AEF Program must be completed online through the online application system.
- The online application system will guide applicants through the application requirements. The Check Your Status page will keep applicants informed on the status of their applications before and after the application is submitted.
- Applicants must meet all the eligibility requirements.
- All applications, including recommendations, are due by the specified application deadline.
- Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered for evaluation and placement.
- Materials uploaded into the application system will provide the sole basis for evaluation.
The Application requirements include:
1. Completion of all required fields in the applications, including:
- Contact Information;
- Education Background (formal education and continuing education);
- Teaching and Professional Experience;
- Professional Awards and Recognition;
- Citizenship Status;
- Interest in Federal Agency and/or Congressional Office Placement; and
- Five Essay Questions.
2. The submission of three letters of Recommendation, submitted online, including one recommendation letter from a school district official.
- Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation with their application to be considered, one of which must be from a school district official.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring their recommenders are provided with the information for accessing the online Recommender form. Applicants can only send requests electronically through the online application system.
- The applicant should request letters of recommendations from three individuals familiar with the applicant’s professional and education background and their experience, aptitude, or promise relevant to the AEF Program.
- All letters of recommendation must be submitted through the online application system by the application deadline. WDTS will not accept mailed or emailed recommendation letters.
- Applicants are encouraged to make the requests for recommendation letters as soon as possible. Applicants can make these requests as soon as they access the application system; they do not need to wait until their application is complete.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to inform their recommenders that they must submit their recommendation letters using the online system before the application deadline. Additionally, it is suggested that the applicant discuss this request in advance with potential recommenders, and allow adequate time for the recommender to act on this request.