How to Apply
- All Applications to the SULI program must be completed through the online application system.
The Application requirements include:
1. Completion of all required fields in the applications, including:
- Contact and Education Information
- Citizenship Status
- Laboratory choice and research interests
2. Undergraduate transcripts, submitted online
3. Two letters of Recommendation, submitted online
- The online application system will guide applicants through the application requirements.
- Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered for evaluation and placement.
- Materials uploaded into the online application system will provide the sole basis for evaluation.
- Applicants must submit university-issued copies of their most recent transcripts available at the time of application. Transcripts are uploaded as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) files into the application system, and must be clearly legible, must be labeled with your name and the name of the university/college, must clearly show all courses and course grades and cumulative GPA, and must have both your social security number and date of birth removed or blackened out.
- Acceptable transcripts may either be (i) an official transcript that has been signed by the university/college registrar sent to you in a sealed envelope that you have opened (thus unofficial) and scanned with social security number and date of birth blackened out prior to uploading into the application system, or (ii) an unofficial transcript provided electronically to you directly from your university/college either via a website or email and is marked “unofficial”, and also with social security number and date of birth blackened out prior to uploading into the application system.
- Applicants must provide copies of undergraduate transcripts for each undergraduate academic institution enrolled and attended to be considered.
- All transcripts must be uploaded in the form of pdf files. Do not mail or email transcripts to DOE - they will not be considered. Unofficial transcripts provided by academic institutions are acceptable.
- All transcripts must have social security numbers and birth dates blackened out prior to uploading.
Letters of Recommendation:
- Valid applications require that two letters of recommendation be submitted and received by the online application system.
- Once the applicant identifies recommenders and enters their contact information in the online system, an automatic email will be sent to the recommender with the information about how to submit a recommendation letter online.
- The applicant should request a minimum of two, but up to three, Letters of Recommendations from individuals familiar with the applicant’s education, training, experience, aptitude, or promise relevant to the SULI Program.The first two letters that are completed in the system will be the ones included with your application for review.
- All letters of recommendation must be submitted through the online application system. WDTS will not accept mailed or emailed recommendation letters.
- Applicants are encouraged to make the requests for recommendation letters as soon as possible. Requests for letters of recommendation can be made through the online system before the applicant submits their completed application through the “Final Submit” action.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to inform their recommenders that they must submit their recommendation letter using the online system before the application deadline. Additionally, it is suggested that the applicant discuss this request in advance with potential recommenders, and allow adequate time for the recommender to act on this request.
Last modified: 3/18/2013 10:44:57 AM