The Office of Laboratory Policy develops uniform Office of Science-specific policies related to the management, operation, and overall well-being of the ten Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science (SC) national laboratories.
What We Do
- On behalf of the Director, Office of Laboratory Policy facilitates the laboratory appraisal and planning processes. Supports the SC Head of Contracting Activity on all matters related to SC procurements.
- Provides expert advice to the Deputy Director for Field Operations in the areas of alternative financing, conference management, contractor human resource management, laboratory directed research and development (LDRD), M&O contracts, technology transfer, and Strategic Partnership Projects (SPP).
- Coordinates uniform policy with regards to contractor human resource management, LDRD, and SPP.
- Manages the SC LDRD and SPP programs. Coordinates the reporting and approval of all SC conference expenses.
- Supports SC headquarters program offices and site offices by lending technical expertise to advise and/or assist in resolving issues.
- Represents SC on DOE and inter-agency working groups and councils whose focus relates to the general health, utilization, and vitality of the national laboratory system.