The Office of Safety and Security Policy supports the Office of Science mission by providing the necessary expertise to ensure laboratory operations are efficient and effective at the ten Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science (SC) national laboratories.
What We Do
- On behalf of the Director, Office of Safety and Security Policy proactively leads all aspects of SC’s management and oversight of laboratory operations in the following areas – environmental protection, worker safety and health, emergency management, radiological safety, contractor assurance systems, quality assurance, safeguards and security, laboratory foreign visits and assignments, laboratory badging and clearance determinations, and counterintelligence.
- Supports SC Headquarters program offices and Site Offices by lending their technical expertise to advise and/or assist in resolving issues.
- Serves as the SC Headquarters Security Officer, and manages the SC Headquarters programs in Federal Employee Occupational Safety and Health and Continuity of Operations.
- Manages all activity related to DOE directives and technical standards on behalf of the Deputy Director for Field Operations and Associate Deputy Director for Field Operations.
- Represents SC on DOE and inter-agency working groups and councils whose focus relates to the Office’s areas of expertise.
- Supports SC leadership in emerging issues that relate to the expertise of its staff.
Last modified: 5/24/2016 2:26:20 PM